Every time I go, I leave feeling accomplished and stronger than when I walked in. The Tabata classes are becoming one of my favorite ways to not only get in great cardio, but to build strength! Since you are only “working” for 20 seconds at a time, this gives you the chance to push yourself as hard as you can every time. The short intervals and rest in-between, allows your body to go as hard as you can each interval (at an elevated heart rate) while never really letting your heart rate settle to its resting state. Which in turn helps you burn more fat and lose those pounds even faster than say a steady paced walk/run!
I personally love the energy that Heat Bootcamp brings to the table. Not only are the trainers passionate about what they do, but they care to get to know you! You never feel like a stranger and everyone that goes there is ready to work and have a great time.
Today’s workout focused on the entire body and looked a little something like this:
- Rock back and then forward (like a half somersault) landing on your feet, perform a push up
- Using a weighted bar, place across the top of your back/shoulders (like you would perform a weighted squat) while doing squat jumps
- Deadlift with a kettle bell (I used a 12lbs weight)
- Bicep Curl to Shoulder Press (I used 10lbs each hand)
- Using a TRX band, squat to row (tip: the smaller the angle between your body and the ground, the harder it is. You also want to have a deep enough angle so when you perform the row at the top, the bands always have some tension on them so you’re never fully resting)
- Using a soft medicine ball, facing the wall, squat to press-throw to the highest point you can then perform a box jump with no weights and alternate between the two exercises
These 3 rounds were performed a total of 4 times each! By the end my whole body was literally shaking. I absolutely loved it!
After the main sets above, we performed some partner core exercises/challenges. We each got a partner and competed against one-another and ourselves to see how many plank hand taps and partner sit-ups we could do in 1 minute.
Going to Heat, I always know I’m going to get in a great workout! If you havent tried them out yet, you should defiantly get your butt over there because hey, your first class is FREE! Don’t feel intimidated by these workouts. Yes, they are challenging but you can always go at your own pace, and if you have an injury, the trainers can tweak the exercise to better fit your needs!
Have you been to Heat Bootcamp? Let me know! I would love to hear y’all’s options and feedback on the other classes they offer or that you’ve taken! 🙂
And don’t forget to share with your friends! See you next time
|Heat Bootcamp – http://www.heatbootcamp.com
South: 2210 S 1st St #A, Austin, TX 78704
Cost: First Class is free! ClassPass Accepted!
About: At HEAT (High Energy Athletic Training) Bootcamp, they believe that the future of fitness is high intensity group training. They pride themselves on intensity and innovation in an un-intimidating and safe environment.
Tip: HEAT trainers will make you sweat, but they won’t make you hurt! They are supportive and safe, not demanding and loud. Be prepared to work hard, Tabata workouts are not for the faint of heart.
For more info on Heat Bootcamp check out my other post which I’ll link here!