Today I’m rounding up a few of my favorite Diary Free and Keto Friendly recipes! It’s been a learning experience to say the least over the past few weeks on this Ketogenic Diet, but that’s actually what I love about being on it. Now, I’m not saying everything is butterflies and rainbows over here on high fat mountain. But in general, I’m someone who loves a challenge and figuring out ways to customize and make it my own!
Personally, I found that I was searching the internet high and low and there wasn’t much out there for meals that were both Keto friendly and dairy free. So, I’m taking the hard work out by gathering the top recipes from Pinterest and my brain to keep you on track to DF Keto and avoid that anxious feeling of not knowing what to eat!
Check out my YouTube video for a breakdown of my daily intake.
PS. I track ALL my meals using MyFitnessPal and although certain meals aren’t always listed, it’s a great resource to keep up with your macros.
Here are a few that really stood out to me when scouring the internet:
Personal Touch: I like to use the Primal Kitchen Chipotle Mayo (avocado based) for an added kick and their products are top-notch!
Personal Touch: I don’t always have the time to make my own sausage so I like swapping it for uncured & sugar-free bacon!
Personal Touch: I ditch the Onion and Garlic Powder (hidden carbs!) and add in Smoked Paprika + I keep the toppings to avocado & tomatoes.
Personal Touch: I ditch the shallots & add MCT oil (2-3 TBS) to the sauce for a higher fat content!
Above are what I like to call “professional works of art” because those ladies know what’s up when it comes to eating right and making food look tasty AF. Below are a few recipes I personally rely on throughout because they’re extremely simple to follow & each take under 30 minutes to cook!
They weren’t always pretty… But they we’re always delicious.
Bun-less Buffalo Burger
- 1 Frozen Buffalo Burger Patty from Trader Joes
- 2 TBS Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 TBS Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Medium Avocado
- Seasonings: S&P, Turmeric, Paprika, Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- Directions: Start by heating a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 TBS of Avocado Oil and let it come to temp. Place BB Patty on skillet and cover with lid. Let steam/fry for 4 minutes. Before flipping, add seasonings (all to taste), then flip and cover for another 3-4 minutes. Take BB Patty out and let rest on plate. Add 1 TBS of Avocado Oil & Sauté spinach for 1-2 minutes. Place spinach on top of burger. Slice Avocado, add to top, & drizzle with Primal Kitchen Dressing.
- Tip: Add a fried egg 😉
Perfect Crispy Skin Salmon
- 4 oz Wild Caught Salmon (fresh or frozen) – If frozen, let thaw in fridge overnight
- 2 TBS Ghee
- 3/4 Cup Broccoli
- Seasonings: S&P, Turmeric, Paprika
- Directions: Turn on Broiler. In the meantime, season salmon to taste & add 1 TBS Ghee to skin of salmon. On a sheet pan: Place salmon in fridge skin side up for 20-30 minutes to let ghee firm up. Still skin side up, broil Salmon for 8-9 minutes or until skin is crispy. As salmon cooks, place 1 TBS Ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. S&P Broccoli, toss in pan, cover for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Serve along side Salmon.
Fluffy 3 Egg Omelette
- 3 Large Organic & Pasture Raised Eggs
- 2 Slices Uncured Bacon (find some that is sustainably sourced and sugar-free)
- 1/2 Cup of spinach
- 1/2 Medium Avocado
- 1 TBS Avocado Oil
- Seasonings: S&P to taste, Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- Directions: In Small Saucepan bring to medium heat and cook bacon. Once cooked through, place on separate plate for later & get rid of bacon grease but DON’T CLEAN PAN. Add 1 TBS Avocado Oil and let heat. In bowl, mix together eggs, spinach, and bacon. Break bacon into smaller pieces before adding to egg mixture. Pour contents into small pan, bring heat down to low, and cover for 6-8 minutes or until tops are cooked. Top with sliced avocado!
I hope y’alls mouths are watering and you feel confident about sticking with the Keto Diet! Take your tine, plan your meals, and pay attention to what your body needs throughout the process!