If you’re looking to kick your oatmeal up a notch, you’ve come to the right place. Vital Proteins has recently become my new obsession because it’s made with collagen! Collagen peptides are made up of amino acids that help rebuild the collagen in our bodies. As we age, our production of collagen begins to slow and our cell structures start to lose shape. By taking collagen, you’re providing your body with essential building blocks for hair, skin, bones, and joints. Leaving your body feeling good on the inside and looking great on the outside.
Vital Proteins newest product is their Collagen Peptides “Vanilla and Coconut Water” flavor. Unlike their other products, this one has more of a powder consistency and adds flavor to any recipe. One of my favorite ways to add it into my diet is mixing it in with my morning oats.
This recipe is packed full of fiber, protein, and your good fats. Try it at home and let me know what you think!
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe’s Rolled Oats
- 1/2-1 cup Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (can swap for favorite milk or milk substitution)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Vanilla and Coconut Water powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Raw pumpkin seeds
- Trader Joe’s Dried Cranberries
- Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Shaved Coconut
- 1/2 Banana
- Raw Honey (optional)
- Measure out steps 1-3 into bowl (add more or less liquid depending on how you like your oatmeal consistency), stir together, and microwave for 2 minutes
- Add in Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Vanilla and Coconut Water Powder and mix
- Top with Pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, unsweetened shaved coconut, and sliced banana
- Finish it off with a dash of cinnamon to the top and a drizzle of honey
Super simple recipe and you’re treating your body good from the moment you wake up! You know what they say, breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, so make it count and fill it with nutrients!
Quick Tip: This also makes for a GREAT overnight oats recipe. Pack steps 1-5 into a mason jar, stir, add toppings, place in fridge overnight and in the morning all you’ll need to grab is a spoon!
What are some of your favorite oatmeal toppings? Tweet at me @spinsyddy!