Hey everyone! Nike+ Training Club held a FREE workout event on the rooftop of Whole Foods on Lamar on August 30. It was led by 4 fabulous NTC trainers that encouraged and pushed you the entire time, while keeping it really fun.
The workout was created by Flor, who is a Nike Master Trainer. It was a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) based workout that incorporated cardio, toning, and strength moves. There were a total of 9 circuits that were 1 minute long and very little rest in-between.
- Circuit 1: Run up and down the stairs leading to the rooftop as many times as you can in 1 minute
- Circuit 2: Squat with knee raise to opposite elbow. Repeat, alternating each leg between every squat
- Circuit 3: Side shuffle 4 times, pause with a high knee and then go back the other direction and repeat
- Circuit 4: Side lunge with one-legged jump off the foot you land on
- Circuit 5: Backwards lunge alternating each leg
- Circuit 6: Karaoke drill for about 5 turns, and jump squat then go back the other direction
- Circuit 7: High plank with side twist reaching your arm straight to the sky
- Circuit 8: One-legged dead life with a side hop landing on one foot (this one required some coordination and concentration)
- Circuit 9: Alternating between regular push-ups and tricep push-ups
After going through this entire round TWICE, we then did a few partner “throw downs..” We were asked to get a partner and complete a series of 50 high knees each (person waiting was in a squat position). After completing the first challenge, we then did a second challenge that required one partner to be in a high plank position while the other did side jumps between your legs! Yes very risky, and required a great deal of coordination, balance, and trust from your partner that you wouldn’t stomp on their legs.
The workout was amazing and I worked up a great deal of sweat! What really made this workout so much fun were the trainer’s energies! They all were just happy to be there and you could tell that they love what they do.
Each of them are trainers for Nike AND for those UT students, they hold Nike+ training workouts on campus through Texercise! Not only do they instructor campus, but you can download the NTC app, which allows you to take a trainer/workout with you wherever you go! It’s a great way to get in a quick hotel workout while on vacation, and stay on track with your fitness goals.
I can’t wait for the next workout and to get my butt whooped by these amazing ladies again! Hope to see you there 🙂